- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Patient Education FAQs. Fact sheets in a question-and-answer format about evaluating infertility and treating infertility.
- American Fertility Association (AFA). Information and support for women and men dealing with infertility. Topics include infertility causes and treatments; adoption; third-party reproduction; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender family building; and preventing infertility.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). Educational tools, practice guidelines, patient information, ethics committee
reports and statements, and research news on reproductive
health topics that include fertility preservation,
loss, infertility, assisted reproductive technology (ART), and state infertility health insurance laws.
- American Urological Association Foundation (AUAF): Male Infertility. Information about the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of male infertility.
- Census Bureau: Fertility. Data tables about the fertility of American women and men.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Division of Reproductive Health. Information about infertility and about CDC's efforts to develop a national action plan for prevention, detection, and management of infertility. Also presents reports, data, video clips, and fact sheets about assisted reproductive technology (ART), including reports about ART success rates and resources about preparing for pregnancy and infertility treatment.
Fertility Drugs Impact on US Births. (2010). [Data brief].
Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National data and statistics about fertility and infertility, including
The National Infertility Association.
Information for people experiencing
infertility on topics that include diagnosis, management, and family-building options. Also presents online infertility support communities and directories for professional services by specialty (e.g., fertility consultants), support groups, and local RESOLVE helplines.
- womenshealth.gov: Trying to Conceive. Information in English and Spanish about fertility awareness, infertility, options for infertile couples, and additional resources.
- Livingston G, Cohn D. 2010. The New Demography of American Motherhood. Washington, DC: Pew Research Center. [Report].
Related MCH Library Resources
Fertility and Infertility: Resource Brief. (January 2012).
Author: Susan Brune Lorenzo, M.L.S., MCH Library.
Reviewers: Olivia Pickett, M.A., M.L.S., MCH Library
Editor: Ruth Barzel, M.A., MCH Library.