- Global Library of Women's Medicine. Peer-reviewed clinical information and guidance on women's health for health
professionals. Includes surgical video clips, diagnostic atlases, information
about laboratory tests, patient-education materials, and a section about pregnancy in adolescence.
- Healthy Teen Network (HTN). Publications, advocacy tools, and conference information about adolescent pregnancy and parenting. Recent publications include
Bricks, Mortar, and Community: The Foundations of Supportive Housing
for Pregnant and Parenting Teens. The Core Components of Supportive Housing. (2010). The report Findings from the Field (2010) accompanies this document.
Gaining Support for Teen Families: Mapping the Perceptual Hurdles. (2008). [Report developed in collaboration with the FrameWorks Institute].
Helping Pregnant and Parenting Teens Find Adequate Housing. (2010). [Brief developed in collaboration with the American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law].
Mapping Programs that Serve Pregnant and Parenting Teens in the US: Results and
Hurdles. (2011). [Report].
Policy Platform to Promote Health and Success Among Young Families. (2009). [Report].
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National data and statistics about teen births.
- Ablorth-Odjidja A, Cox E, Phillips C, Toby T. 2009. Meeting the Needs of Pregnant and Parenting Teens: Local Health
Department Programs and Services. Washington, DC: National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO). [Report].
- Andrews KM, Moore KA. 2011. Second Chance Homes: A Resource for Teen Mothers. Washington, DC: Child Trends. [Research brief].
- Boonstra HD. 2011. Teen Pregnancy Among Young Women in Foster Care: A Primer. New York, NY: Guttmacher Institute.
- Guttmacher Institute. 2011. Minors' Access to Prenatal Care, rev. ed. New York, NY: Guttmacher Institute. [Policy brief].
Related MCH Library Resources
Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting: Resource Brief. (January 2012).
Author: Susan Brune Lorenzo, M.L.S., MCH Library.
Reviewers: Olivia Pickett, M.A., M.L.S., MCH Library
Editor: Ruth Barzel, M.A., MCH Library.