The MCH Library is happy to share in the 75th Anniversary of Title V of the Social Security Act by providing access to unique historical documents, new and emerging MCH literature, and podcasts featuring some past and current leaders in the field.
Wisdom from the Field Podcasts
MCHB 75th Anniversary Celebration Activities
75th Anniversary MCH Federal/State Partnership Meeting
Newsletter Articles: for use by state and local health departments and community and national organizations
MCH Library's IT Director John T. Richards receives 2010 Young Leadership in Maternal and Child Health award.
AMCHP's "Meeting in a Box" and "Title V Game Show" to help plan state and local celebrations
50th Anniversary Video: developed in 1985 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Title V
From the MCH Library Collection
The MCH History Gateway includes:
Activities related to the 75th Anniversary of Title V are occurring throughout 2010. Here are some of interest:
Dedication of Dr. Vince Hutchins collection at the Johns Hopkins University (audio files; requires the latest version of RealPlayer to access):
- Introduction (Robert Blum, Professor and William H. Gates Sr. Chair, Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health). Dr. Blum talks about Dr. Hutchins' connection to Johns Hopkins and his personal connection with Vince. Listen
- Robert Blum introduces Lisbeth Schorr, Lecturer in Social Medicine at Harvard University, and a Senior Fellow of the Center for the Study of Social Policy. Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr speaks of Dr. Hutchins as the "quintessential public servant." Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr talks about the Panel for the Promotion of Children's Health. Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr recognizes the legacy of Vince's children. Listen
A Celebration of National Commitment to Women, Children and Families — Title V at 75 and Tribute to Dr. Vince Hutchins. Luncheon and Seminar Program, October 22, 2010.