The MCH Library is happy to share in the 75th Anniversary of Title V of the Social Security Act by providing access to unique historical documents, new and emerging MCH literature, and podcasts featuring some past and current leaders in the field.
Wisdom from the Field Podcasts
75 Books for 75 Years
Beginning August 14, 2010 (75 years after the signing of Title V of the Social Security Act), MCH Librarians are sharing 75 seminal MCH publications over the next year, including these current selections:
MCHB 75th Anniversary Celebration Activities
NEW! Theerman P. 2010. Julia Lathrop and the Children's Bureau. American Journal of Public Health 100(9):1589-1590 (extract available online)
From the MCH Library Collection
The MCH History Gateway includes:
Activities related to the 75th Anniversary of Title V are occurring throughout the next year. Here are some of interest:
Dedication of Dr. Vince Hutchins collection at the Johns Hopkins University (audio files; requires the latest version of RealPlayer to access):
- Introduction (Robert Blum, Professor and William H. Gates Sr. Chair, Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health). Dr. Blum talks about Dr. Hutchins' connection to Johns Hopkins and his personal connection with Vince. Listen
- Robert Blum introduces Lisbeth Schorr, Lecturer in Social Medicine at Harvard University, and a Senior Fellow of the Center for the Study of Social Policy. Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr speaks of Dr. Hutchins as the "quintessential public servant." Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr talks about the Panel for the Promotion of Children's Health. Listen
- Lisbeth Schorr recognizes the legacy of Vince's children. Listen
A Celebration of National Commitment to Women, Children and Families — Title V at 75 and Tribute to Dr. Vince Hutchins. Luncheon and Seminar Program, October 22, 2010.